PADI Equipment Specialist?
Whether it's a regulator problem, a wet suit tear or a broken mask strap,
the Equipment Specialist course can help. This Specialty course prepares you
for the basic equipment maintenance, care and adjustments you'll encounter
every day. In addition, you'll get the valuable background on equipment repair
and purchase, making you better able to protect your investment.
What do I need to start?
- PADI Scuba Diver, Junior Scuba Diver, PADI Open Water Diver, Junior Open
Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another
- Minimum age: 12 years old (10 for PADI Junior Scuba Diver and PADI
Junior Open Water Diver)
What will I do?
During your PADI Equipment Specialist program, you'll familiarize yourself
with the operation and maintenance of your personal equipment. Your instructor
might also provide the opportunity to review new or unfamiliar dive equipment.
The program is not an equipment repair program but it does give you:
- Theory, principles and operation of dive equipment
- Routine recommended care and maintenance procedures
- Common problems with equipment and recommended professional maintenance
- Simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations and an
introduction to new equipment
long will it take?
- Recommended Course Hours: six
What will I need?
- The Scuba Equipment Care & Maintenance book
Where can I go from here?
You can count this Specialty certification towards your
Master Scuba Diver
up by e-mail info@DiveChicago.com or
leave a voice mail at our dock phone 312-922-5090.